About the Role
Alder Construction is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Mechanic to join our team! We are offering a competitive salary with full benefits, after a waiting period, including 100% paid Medical single coverage, and 401K after 1 year of service.
Job Description: This technician would be responsible for, but not limited to, diagnosis, recondition, overhaul and maintenance of heavy equipment and/or components, automobile repair, diesel repair, hydraulic repair. This would also require occasional travel to Construction locations.
• Repairs and provides maintenance on heavy equipment engines and components including trouble shooting
• Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains vehicles and equipment
• Order replacement parts, ensuring that parts orders are correct and complete at time of ordering
• Remove, disassemble, assemble, and installs components and parts
• Diagnose and repair machine and engine malfunctions and failures
• Ability to read schematics (both electrical and hydraulic)
• Some welding and Fabrication
• Communicates effectively with Co Workers, and/or Management to ensure problems, nature of repair, and status of repairs are understood and followed through
• Works in cooperative manner with other team members to accomplish the goals of the shop and Alder Construction
• Use safe working practices and follow all safety requirements
• Competitive Wages
• Medical Insurance paid fully by Alder Construction for Single Coverage, minimal amount to add your Dependents, along with HSA contributions paid by Employer
• Dental Vision and Life Insurance available at minimal cost
• 401K retirement planning after 1 year of service
• Opportunity for growth and development
• A positive work environment that encompasses a comfortable work environment and respect between all colleagues
Rob Wilburn-Fleet Manager
· Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
· Be able to maintain good attendance daily
· Must have experience in automobile repair, diesel repair, hydraulic repair and general construction equipment repair, any education in this area a plus
· Valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Have or be able to obtain a DOT Medical card
· Capable of communicating effectively and professionally with others
Have your own tools and transportation
About the Company
Alder Construction is a family owned company, operating since 1966. Come work with us, build some amazing infrastructure and your career while working with some great people. All of our projects are currently in the Salt Lake City, Provo or the Park City area and usually last 2+ years. Stay local and work with a reputable, stable company.